The Future of Jewelry Design Is In Your Hands - and Rio Grande is at Your Side.
The Rio for Schools program invests in future designers, metalsmiths and makers by providing extra savings on products and services, educational resources and industry knowledge to educators, mentors, apprentices and students of jewelry design.
If you work to educate the next generation of jewelry makers, whether you are a teacher working directly with students, an administrator for an educational institution or the owner/manager of an educational studio that provides bench time and instruction, you are invited to apply for Rio for Schools status.
Benefits last a full year and an annual spend of just $2000 keeps you automatically enrolled in the program. Once a member, instructors can share a link with their students to allow them to register.
Included with extra savings on products and flat-rate shipping, our Rio for Schools educators also enjoy:
In-Class Sales Program
Educators who choose to resell tools and supplies for students may apply for net terms. Those who qualify are invited to place orders on account, then may return any unsold and unused merchandise for a full refund.
How does an instructor qualify?
- The mission of the institution must be to educate and develop professional jewelry making skills.
- The education or instruction of jewelry making skills must be an ongoing program.
- The institution is tuition-based.
- The institution maintains a website that defines and markets it as an educational institution.
Rio for Schools is an annual membership that offers the students of qualified instructors a significant savings on products and shipping. Qualified instructors are provided with a special link that allows students to take advantage of the benefits of this program.
- Special pricing on nearly everything Rio offers: tools, equipment, supplies, findings and more.
- Flat-rate shipping:
- $6.99 for UPS Ground up to 10 lbs.
- $9.99 for UPS 2nd Day Air up to 5 lbs.; $17.99 from 5-10 lbs.
- Student Congratulations Letter/Package Information: For programs that offer degrees or certifications, the educator may annually submit a list of graduating students. These students will receive the following graduation gift:
- A letter of congratulations from Rio
- An open account with a limit of $250 to begin establishing a credit history
- $20 account credit to use on their next purchase as a professional jeweler
- One year of RioPro status