At Rio Grande, you have several payment options.
1. Rio Grande Open AccountIf you are rated 1 or 2 with the Jewelers Board of Trade (JBT) or are rated low-risk with any of our credit reporting agencies, we can open an account for you upon receipt of your signed credit application (this can be faxed). If you are not rated as described above, give us a call and ask for our Credit Policy Information and Application form. Allow approximately two weeks for processing. Some restrictions may apply. Apply for an open account here.
2. Credit CardWe accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover and American Express. Customer/cardholder address and related information are verified with your issuing bank before your order is shipped. Some restrictions may apply.
• How do we protect the security of your credit card information?
Rio Grande's systems are protected by a software firewall and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which is the e-commerce standard for securing information that travels across the internet. However, our security measures go beyond standard SSL. Your credit card information is never actually stored by Rio Grande; the last four digits of your credit card number are stored as a "Profile ID" that is part of your user identity with us. Each order you place transmits only your Profile ID across the internet. Fewer transmissions of your actual sensitive data mean fewer opportunities for that information to be breached. This is the highest level of electronic commerce security currently available.
When you order with us by phone, our Customer Service representatives will ask which credit card you would like to pay with by referencing the last four digits of the card. We use the same security provisions with phone orders as with online orders, and at no time is your entire credit card viewable by our Customer Service representatives. They only see the Profile ID provided by the secure, remote servers.
• Why is there a $1 charge on my credit card and/or bank statement?
As part of our credit/debit card security process and to maintain our PCI compliance, Rio Grande verifies the credit or debit card number used. This is done through a one-time pre-authorization of $1 to your account that tests its validity. The pre-authorization is normally removed by your bank within two to three business days. It is not a charge, though it may temporarily reduce your available credit by $1. If you have any questions or concerns about the validity of a Rio Grande charge you see on your account, please call us at 800-396-9895.
3. PayPalRio offers PayPal Express Checkout for orders placed online that do not contain backordered items. (If your order includes backordered items, the PayPal option is not shown at checkout.)
When you select PayPal as your payment method, PayPal will use the funds, if any, available in your balance first, then will automatically draw from the back-up method set up in your PayPal account.
If, due to metal market price fluctuations or shipping recalculation, your order total is either 15% or $75 greater than the amount processed by PayPal, a Rio Grande accounting agent will contact you.
4. Prepaid Orders
Certified funds such as money orders or cashier's checks are recommended. To expedite service, use a bank wire transfer. Please allow for price fluctuations and include shipping costs. If the quoted shipping cost is more than the actual cost, we will credit your account or issue a refund, whichever you request. If you send a check with your order, the check must include your name, address and daytime phone number. This information will be verified with your bank. Export funds are accepted in U.S. dollars only. Some restrictions may apply.
5. Short-Term 0% Financing
Short-Term 0% Financing is available for approved customers who want an installment option to purchase capital tools or equipment. You can find out more information about our Short-Term 0% Financing program here. Or call us at 800.545.6566 for information, approval guidelines and an initial quote.
We work with ACG Equipment Finance to offer lease-to-own options on capital equipment purchases. You can find out more about lease-to-own options here.