Several carriers Rio Grande works with do not pick up or deliver packages on U.S. federal holidays. Orders placed the day before a federal holiday may be delayed due to these closures. We will update our website any time there is a shipping delay. Check riogrande.com for the latest shipping information.
The following days are U.S. federal holidays:
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
- Presidents' Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Due to the high volume of packages and mail in transit during the Christmas holidays it is normal for carriers to extend delivery service times and modify guarantees. As Rio Grande receives notification of these changes we will post them on our homepage.