We take great care in packaging your precious metal and milled materials during shipping. Below are the steps we take to prevent damage:
- All sheets are packed between two pieces of cardboard taped together to secure the metal inside.
- All gold items (sheet, wire, tubing) are packed in heat-sealed plastic bags.
- Coiled wire and by-the-foot chain is secured with twist ties, not tape.
- Chain lengths of more than 15 feet are wound onto cardboard squares or plastic spools.
- Each item is labeled with its item number and quantity.
- Alloys are packed in individual plastic containers.
- Casting grain quantities of more than 5 ounces are double-bagged.
- Tubing is packed in individual bags that are reinforced with tape to prevent tearing.
- Items ordered in their full-size dimensions will be shipped at full size; we do not cut down for ease of shipping.